University School, commonly referred to as US, is an all-boys, private, K–12 school with two campus locations in the Greater Cleveland area, in the U.S. state of Ohio. The campus located in Shaker Heights serves kindergarten through eighth grade students, while the campus in Hunting Valley serves ninth through twelfth grade students. University School is a founding member of the International Boys’ Schools Coalition and a member of the Center for the Study of Boys’ and Girls’ Lives and Cleveland Council of Independent Schools. In 1890 the founding headmaster of the school, Newton M. Anderson, established University School. The school’s first building was erected on 10 acres (40,000 m2) at the corner of Hough Avenue and East 71st Street in Cleveland. At the turn of the century, Headmaster George D. Pettee led the entire student body to the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York, in 1901. A few years later in 1908 Headmaster Harry S. Peters led University School during two World Wars, the Great Depression and, in 1926, to the 36-acre (150,000 m2) campus in Shaker Heights. He was the longest-tenured headmaster in University School history; he left the school in 1947. That same year Headmaster Harold L. Cruikshank oversaw the building of the Hanna Wing on the Shaker Campus and guided the school through the end of World War II to the beginning of the 1960s.